Monday, October 27, 2008

Look kids, there's Big Ben, and there's Parliament.

Race report from Saturday's San Francisco 1-day event will be coming soon. In the meantime, I'm still recovering mentally and physically. My one big goal for the race was to hit 50 miles - and I made it. Here is the summary:

Laps: 48
Distance: 51.2 miles
Approx # of M&Ms consumed: 138
Approx oz. of Coke consumed: 108
# of Salt Tablets: 10
# of Advil: 8 (maybe this is why I was hallucinating)

Beautiful day. Great volunteers, runners and spectators. One crazy event. More to come...

Hanging with my 2 superstar friends and volunteers, Victoria and Jo Lynn

8 comments:

Marcy,  October 27, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see this report ;D ;D

Donald,  October 27, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

Fiddy!! Way to go, dude.

Victoria,  October 27, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Great job on Saturday...

p.s. Deux champagnes américains?

Jo Lynn,  October 27, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

Good job Mike! Glad I was there to witness a chunk of it. :)

Rick Gaston,  October 28, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

I could tell you weren't all there after you passed 50. Like a friend telling you he's sober when you haven't had a drop. You did great though, ran farther that you ever had right? Sweet. Nice going and even better that the calf didn't give you problems.

Danny B,  October 28, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Great job Mike!! You went to a place where the physical is still there, mostly, but the mind is messing with you. Great job in overcoming the mind and making it to 50. I bet it made it easier to take the loss the next day!

GB,  October 28, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

WOW x 1,000,000 +1 to infinity and beyond!

That is killer stuff, Mike. You totally give me hope and inspiration to run a 50 miler someday... not anytime soon, but someday. ;) GREAT job! You are one tough mo-fo.

F. Lee,  October 29, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

51+ miles. Wow. Excellent work.

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP