Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sluggish, Like a Wet Sponge

It's week 3 of the recovery from the Ohlone 50k and everything appears to be on track health wise. I've been doing a couple workouts each of the past couple weeks, combining Crossfit with small runs. I think it's the right amount of work up to this point (recap of last week's worth below). My body is still a bit sluggish but no muscle issues have popped up yet. I'll be out for a 6-miler tomorrow so we'll see how that goes with my first run of any significant distance. Looks like the middle toe nail on my right foot will be the winner for falling off first. Looks pretty disgusting but not as dramatic as I thought it would be. My other toes look like I painted them with black toe nail polish. It's my new Goth look.

Today: Did the following Crossfit workout (from 5/31), followed by a 5k on the Treadmill...
For time:
135 lb Thruster, 10 reps
50 Double-unders
135 lb Thruster, 8 reps
40 Double-unders
135 lb Thruster, 6 reps
30 Double-unders
135 lb Thruster, 4 reps
20 Double-unders
135 lb Thruster, 2 reps
10 Double-unders


Time for the Crossfit workout was 11:26. I flew through the double-unders but the thrusters were tough. My body is only used to the 95-lb thrusters in the Fran workout. Did the 5k in a comfortable 26 minutes - not in a hurry.

Sunday - Played golf - walked 18 (even did some shuffling/jogging down the long holes).

Friday - Did the 5/27 Crossfit workout:

Run 1 mile
Two minutes of each:
Row
30 pound Dumbbell thrusters
20 pound Medicine ball cleans
Double-unders
Pull-ups


Total time was basically 18 minutes --> 8 minute mile + 2 minutes for each of the 5 exercises. This was a great workout. The pull-ups were rough at the end. I forgot to count my reps for each of the different exercises.

Well, time to go watch some shows on TV while I stretch. I'm looking forward to upping the miles tomorrow to see what I have in the tank.

2 comments:

Victoria June 5, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

If you are using "Sluggish, like a wet sponge" from Airplane, you just earned 10 points on the hilarity scoreboard.

209Mike June 5, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Victoria. Score it! Looks like we picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP