Monday, December 8, 2008

Foggy Monday

My brain doesn't seem to want to support paragraphs, complete sentences and/or other grammatically-correct blogging today so I'm gonna throw out random items in no particular order or fashion. Begin.

  • Congrats to my friends Lee and Glorybelle (GB) for tackling CIM this weekend. Lee was shooting for a Boston Qualifier (BQ) time but ended up hitting the wall and "settling" for 3:37:59. And of course, GB (Silly Lillie), had her own injury issues going into the race but still managed to finish up in just under 4 hours. They are both faster than this but circumstances were unfavorable for them this year. Great work anyways.
  • Nice work Rick Gaston on your 35th place finish at the North Face Endurance 50-miler. This just after finishing Quad Dipsea the previous weekend in 27th. You are one fast dude. Feel privileged to be able to call you a friend. Don't think I won't try and borrow your skills in the near future.
  • Jo Lynn and Victoria - I'm really getting jealous of all the places you guys are running. And now you go and run together. Come on, where's the love? Don't you dare run Diablo without me - I'll be free after 12/19. Looking for a good 25k fat-buster run with or without animals.
  • Nice to see the 49ers win a game yesterday at home. It was cold as hell at the game (oops, that's California cold - 49 degrees). I was a bit tired after a messy holiday cocktail party (think Jameson and Coke Zero) on Friday night and a birthday party on Saturday night. After the birthday party, we ended up watching Oscar De La Hoya get beat up and probably end his boxing career. I'm more of a UFC/MMA fan, but it was interesting to see how slow De La Hoya has become. He still made $50 million so screw him.
  • Had a blast in the gym last Friday - ran a very hilly 10k on the treadmill in about 53 minutes. No wraps, no slings, no pain - nothing. Legs are feeling great. Reading other people's race reports and adventures has kept the fire burning. I'll be more than ready to start charging towards 100 miles next year.
  • Softball tonight (old Detroit Tiger Stadium replica field). Always fun to get out and play - especially after having last week's game cancelled due to fog. Very strange.
  • Not sure if I'll be able to run today (softball, for one). My better half has also scheduled me for a lunchtime Costco run (replace aid stations for free sample stations). Then, our oldest boy (4), has decided that today, and no other day, should be the day to pick up the Xmas tree. (Cue Homer Simpson..."WHY YOU LITTLE S..."). Never a good idea to let the kids set any part of a schedule. These become funny memories right?
That's it for today. Don't forget to enjoy what you're doing.

6 comments:

Marcy December 8, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

ROFLMAO! Ooohh those 4 yo's they MEAN business. I had my 4 y.o tell me the other day . . . "Well it doesn't matter because I'm going to get a cat anyway." I'm like "Why do you say that?" she, "Because I wrote it on my list for Santa and he HAS to bring it to me because I asked." That little freekin sheet LOL (and NO she's NOT getting one HAHAHAHA)

Rick Gaston December 8, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

Okay dumb question. What is a "BQ" is that the same as a "PR"? What a friggin weekend. After the Northface 50 miler I had dinner with my cousin who was visiting from Manila and we got the news that the Filipino boxer, Manny, beat Dela Hoya. The whole country of the Philippines stop whenever he fights. There is an undeclared truce between government forces and rebels when he fights and the theaters are packed, even the malls have huge screens set up. Then Sunday the Niner's stomp the Jets. Wow. Each event deserving of a 6-pack and a bag of chips.

I'll tell you what advice Mark Tanaka left on my blog yesterday. Don't pack in the pounds during the holidays. Doctor's orders, running doctor.

Jo Lynn December 8, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

Hey, I like that writing style. It looks good on you! ;)
If you want a fat-busting run, you better do it with Victoria -- she's faster. :( I'm just as fun though. LOL And, I've only ran at Diablo when I was pacing Catra in a 50-miler last year, so I'd love to do some of it again.

Victoria December 10, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Do you know how to borrow Rick's skills? If you do, you better cough up the secrets. I'd love to know!

209Mike December 10, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

Victoria. I might be talking about actually kidnapping Rick from his house and forcing him to pace me at some point.

Victoria December 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

Aaah. All becomes clear. I was hoping you'd tell me how to run as fast as Rick (or have as great a year!). THAT's a secret worth knowing!

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP