Thursday, September 11, 2008

Feeling Good, Louis!


Thanks to Billy Ray Valentine (Eddie Murphy) from Trading Places for the easy title for this post. We're at the 9-day out mark for Skyline to the Sea and I'm feeling good. Had a nice 14-mile run on Tuesday and ran around with my son's soccer team yesterday (actually it was more like me chasing the kids around - not great listeners those 3 & 4 year olds). All joints, muscles, bones, etc feel like they're in good condition (knocking on a giant piece of wood).

I'm excited for this upcoming race, my 2nd ultra for the year (or ever for that matter). It's a sold-out race with 210 entries. Lot's of fast runners and folks that I've come to know and admire. It will be fun to see how quickly most of them disappear right away. I'll try to remind myself to not get caught up in the early excitement and start out slow.

Goals? Started thinking more about this and I've come up with a few. (1) Finish. Simple one but it's not to be taken for granted. (2) Finish in 6 hours or less. A bit more aggressive but if I can keep a good pace and stay healthy, this could be attainable. (3) Stay healthy. This probably should be my first goal since it will affect the other two. With my longer runs restricted in mileage, I'll be praying after 20 miles that my muscles hold up for the rest of the race. (Especially my left ITB). It was a good sign that my legs felt great at Montana de Oro with the climbing/ascending, even though it was only 25k instead of 50.

Oh and it looks like bib #s got assigned today - #817 for me.

5 comments:

GO Solar in Palm Beach and Broward County- 561-732-5181 September 12, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

lol that was a good movie...

Sounds like your ready & feeling good... keep that positive spirit, almost game time now!!

GO Solar in Palm Beach and Broward County- 561-732-5181 September 12, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

ooops my solar blog--umm to lazy to switch to the runner one--lol

Rick Gaston September 15, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

Wow, I ain't ever seen Bob in a suit. I can't imagine it.

Yeah man, looking forward to the race too. I hadn't planned on doing it, never have before, but once I saw the participant list I just had to join in the fun. I heard last week got pretty hot down there. Be prepared to adjust your goals if it gets hot again. You know, like Ohlone, which you were strong enough to finish and I don't think it will be quite as bad. See you down there.

F. Lee September 18, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

I'll be throwing out some prayers for you this weekend! Be well and have fun!

Victoria September 19, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

That title made me laugh out loud. See you tomorrow... and away we go!

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP