Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday and Feeling Good

Yes, it's Friday! I'm looking out the window from the home office (the room with the desk/bed combo - real fancy) and I see blue skies and no wind. I just watched the better half and the two crazies walk across the street to the park. What an amazing day. Come on...what global warming?


Look...it's a tree.

What could be better than today? How about yesterday? Finally got to a point where my legs felt strong enough to get out and run. Did the old faithful 6-mile out and back along the delta in the early evening. (I really wish I had my camera or cell phone with me). Heading out, I watched the sun drop and slip behind Mt Diablo (you can see it clearly from our house in the fall when the crap is out of the air). Perfect weather. I left my watch and ipod at home and went into Forrest Gump mode. On the return trip, I decided to up the speed a bit (I can't help it) and it felt great. Cruised the last half mile for my first run over 1 mile in 2.5 weeks. I'm back! Grabbed the dog and headed over to the park to let him chase the ball around for awhile. Damn I missed running. Today, I was thinking of running to the gym but I don't think I want to go inside more than I already have to. I'll probably take the dog out running and let him jump in the delta today.

Have a great weekend everyone!

BTW, I really need to shave today. I'm starting to get that Mutual of Omaha/Grizzly Adams thing going on. Working from home is bad for your hygiene.

Grizzly Adams did have a beard!

Some fellow bloggers are running the Javelina Jundred this weekend. Here's the link to the live tracker for the race. I put it here so I don't have to go find it later.

5 comments:

Jo Lynn November 14, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

It's so funny, how many of us have had to take a little break from our running routine? And we're THRILLED when we can run again. I'm not sure if we're the sick ones or the non-runners are.

Victoria November 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

I just got back from a sunset run-- well, if 2 miles can be called a run. So pretty-- and so warm!

Marcy November 17, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

Aahhhhh "Forrest Gump" mode LOL

J~Mom November 17, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

Thanks for your comment! It was a fun weekend! :>)

Rick Gaston November 19, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

Javelina was a blast. If you ever get the itch to do a 100, this would be a great one to do. 7 loops makes it easy for the family and friends to see you but not as mind numbing as 1 mile loop and it's great at night.

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP