Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wash Me

As you can see, I decided to clean up the blog a bit. I figured it was about time to modify the look and feel and add a bit more organization. I wanted to use a different template than the standard ones provided by blogger. Since I didn't have enough time to create my own template from scratch, I found something I liked and could quickly modify at OurBloggerTemplates.com. I also found the header image there which I ended up having a little fun with. I extracted my picture from the end of the Skyline to the Sea 50k and added it to the background. Makes me look really mighty! Ha Ha! It is very Tongue-in-cheek.


As for actual running/training...I haven't done any! And I'm Halloween fat! Ok, yesterday I did a slow jog around the neighborhood to test out the leg. It's weird, I think my calf and knee have merged into a new kind of muscle-ligament injury-pain. I can't really tell where the source of soreness is coming from. I'll keep rolling it out on the foam roller and see what happens. I am definitely ready to fire up the training again - or at least get moving and start maintenance mode until next year. The only thing I have planned right now is for a 10k on Thanksgiving morning. Since I'll be pushing either a 4-year or a 2-year old in a jogger and not going for time, I'm not concerned about "training" for it. My only concern will be on keeping said 4- or 2-year old in a jogger for an hour. Tell you the truth, I'm not even sure the 4-year fits in the jogger anymore. Oh well. We do have our softball playoffs tomorrow (make up from last week's rain), so I'll find out if my leg wants to play games with me.

Take care everyone. Please let me know what you think of the new look and good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

Oh yeah two more things... Congratulations and good luck to Obama. Time to clean up 8 years of poo.

And speaking of poo, I'm a bit embarrassed and ashamed to say that my home state of California passed Prop 8, which denies same-sex couples the right to marry. I have no idea how to talk to my kids about these things, but I do know that everyone deserves equal rights. By the way, I hate politics.

5 comments:

Marcy November 5, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Oooooo I LOVE IT!! Now I'm going to gank that link from you because I'm sick of using Pyzam.com for all my templates :P

I still can't believe that 8, shiz. I thought FOR SURE you Californians would do right. Dang.

Donald November 5, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

It's a great look! Makes me itch to change my own ...

Victoria November 5, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Yeah. It truly amazes me that people would think they have the right to tell anyone who they could/should marry.

Nice blog clean-up... and I love the dog picture. It's funny.

Jo Lynn November 5, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

Whoa! NIIIIICE....... (the blog revamp)
And BOOOOOOO (prop 8 passing)

Rick Gaston November 6, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

I like the look, fresh and clean but most of all fun. Look at all that green grass you're running through. Prop 8 was defeated here in the Bay Area it was the rest of California! Well I'm confident that it will happen, just a little more time.

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP