Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gold Medalist of Something

This blog has been running on fumes lately. No, I haven't lost interest. I actually just haven't been all that excited about my training lately. The good news is that my knee hasn't been bothering me at all over the last few weeks. I've been capping my longer runs off at only 15-16 miles but it's better than where I was at only a short time ago - couldn't run over 7 miles without the IT ouch.

But the excitement is building over my upcoming races. I'm 11 days away from the Montana de Oro 25k and 1 month away from the Skyline to the Sea 50k. It's about time. I've been going crazy reading other blogger's race reports - 50 milers, 100k's and 100 milers. I really want to get back on track for upping the miles and hopefully getting to the point where I'm able to do these races as well. One thing at a time. Every once in awhile I have to remind myself that I wasn't running any long distances at all coming into this year.

So am I tapering right now for the 25k? Not really. Since it's more of a training run than a full blown "race", I won't alter my workouts too much up to that weekend. Of course, I won't do any hill training (what's a hill?) but I'll try to keep the miles up remembering the ultimate target is Sept 20 for the 50k!

Happy training everyone and good luck to everyone who has races coming up (especially you Bob).

3 comments:

Rick Gaston August 25, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

Yeah no need to taper if it's just a training race. Good news on the knee. Be careful about reading all those reports, I think they excite new runners too much to the point of pushing themselves too fast to reach new distances:) Easy does it so your body adjusts to the distances nicely. They are inspirational though. I've ready my share of reports, still do.

Victoria August 25, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

Why must Rick be a voice of reason on the above comment?

About the whole relay thing-- I'm thinking of putting together a team for the May 2009 relay (the Calistoga to Santa Cruz one)-- I'll keep you posted!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com August 26, 2008 at 4:26 AM  

Thanks Mike for the shout out... I am packing now....it's going to be a long, long weekend-lol

Have a great training run!!

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP