Thursday, October 2, 2008

San Francisco, Here I Come...


Yesterday, I officially signed up for the PCTR San Francisco One Day race, taking place on Sat, Oct. 25. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this race, instead of running a certain distance, the race covers a certain time - either 12 or 24 hours. I'm opting for the 12-hour time because, well, I'm nowhere near ready for 24 hours of running...yet. (Next year). The run takes place on a 1.067 mile loop course in Crissy Field in the city. Hopefully, it won't be too foggy and we'll have some killer views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz and the SF Bay. My goal for this race will be 50 laps or about 53 miles.

My recovery from Skyline to the Sea has been going ok. For some reason, I decided to pick up the pace on Tuesday for a little 8-mile tempo run - and my left calf maybe paying the price a little bit. It was a bit stiff and sore yesterday and a little tight today. I've been icing it and rolling it on the foam roller so I think it should be fine come this weekend.

Should be a nice test tonight with softball - nothing like a bunch of quick starts and stops to put some pressure on the calves.

Starting this weekend, I'll start piling up the mileage for a couple weeks (no more speed/tempo workouts) and then taper for a week or so. Should be fun to see how much I can handle in 12 hours.

7 comments:

Rick Gaston October 2, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

Nice Mike. I'll be there. I'm planning to volunteer the whole 24 hours this time. It should be a good day with a lot of camaraderie among the runnes, volunteers and spectators.

209Mike October 2, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

Cool Rick. I'll bring some Black Buttes and Lagunitas' for you. I'm really looking forward to this.

Marcy October 3, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

YAY for signing up. Better you than me :P 12 hrs, oy ,oy, oy. I don't think I could do anything for 12 hrs straight. Well anything other than sleeping LOL

Thanks for stopping by!

Victoria October 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

Well, if you're bringing the beer, perhaps I shall volunteer as well!

Rick Gaston October 3, 2008 at 11:44 PM  

Nice, you're da man! I'm packing some caffeine pills so I'm good for a few.

F. Lee October 8, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

12hrs? That's it? LOL! Can't wait to hear about how you actually ran 60 laps instead of your 53! Keep it up...I can hear a century calling you...

Donald October 15, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

Good luck with the run! I'd imagine that one is easier than Firetrails from a physical standpoint (no hills), but harder from a mental one to stay focused.

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP