Monday, January 28, 2008

First Ultra Entry: It's Now Official

There's no turning back now. The Ohlone 50k web site has finally updated their registered runners page. There it is in black and white - Mike Bohi (M36). My first thought was...holy crap, I forgot I was 36 years old. Then I realized that I need to get to the gym today for some good cross training. That's right - it's a non-running day today.

I didn't list my training for last week (17 miles of running + 2 good crossfit days and a swim) because 1) Didn't have time and 2) Didn't want to. I figured out on Saturday my specific training plan for the last 16 weeks leading up the race. Basically, it's gonna be a modified version of a marathon training plan I found on the Runner's World web site. Run 5 days per week (Saturday is the long run day), Cross-train on Monday, take a rest day on Friday - perfect for me since Friday is softball league night. Mileage will peak in week 13 and then eventually taper off in the final two weeks.

Today's workout:

Crossfit - "Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

Plus Swimming:

WU: 300 yds of different strokes.
MS:
5x300 Z1 (easy) - except laps 4, 8, 12 are fast. RI: 45".
10x 100 on 20" rest. 25 hard, 75 cruise.
CD: 300

The swim workout is from a 1/2-ironman training plan (the first day!). It's the one I was going to follow this year for the Vineman 1/2-ironman in Napa. I decided to put that one off until next year so I can do this Ultra. More to come...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP