Friday, April 25, 2008

20-Miler Approaching

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today in the Central Valley (California). Would be nice to get out and run today, but it's my day off so I'll save my legs for tomorrow. Yes, I will finally tackle my biggest and final long run hurdle tomorrow - the 20-mile run (probably push it to 21 so I can test breaking the psychoogical 20-mile barrier).

Had a nice easy 6-mile run with Miles (the dog) on Wednesday - Is it me or is it windier than hell this year already? Even the easy runs are starting to become a pain. Another good reason to get out in the morning - before the winds start to kick in.

Yesterday was a fun 7-mile tempo run (= 1.5 mi warmup, 4.5 mi at 8 mi./min, 1 mi cooldown). I managed to squeeze this one in at lunch, which is becoming extremely rare these days. I like the idea of running at that time, but I just can't seem to do it that often. My body's hunger usually beats out the desire to run. Come to think of it, the earlier in the day I run, the better my body actually performs. So when do I usually run? Towards the end of the day in the early evening. Go figure. I think that's why I'm going for the 20-miler in the super early morning tomorrow. Before I realize what I'm doing, I'll be halfway done already.

Hopefully, my next entry will discuss the glory of my 20-miler.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP