Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lost in Space

My plane is crashing, my ejector seat is malfunctioning and I have no idea where I'm at right now. Alright, enough of that. Athletically, I've been drifting a little bit over the last couple weeks. I think I've let my knee issues get the better of me. Last week was ok. I was able to get some consistent mid-range running in and even hit the gym for some good Crossfit workouts. On Wednesday, I attacked the filthy 50 workout from Crossfit:

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders


I really love doing this workout. It's tough, but it's so rewarding when done. Took me 40 minutes to complete it. Most of the time was on the knees to elbows. (Apparently, my abs are weak). My gym only has a 3 foot box to jump on so I get off to a fun start that way. On about my 12th jump, I ended up smacking my right pinkie finger into the box - it still hurts today (1 week later). Fun stuff. I'll probably do a run-swim double today to get my self going again. Talk soon.

One more thing...Today I officially registered for the Skyline to the Sea 50k (on 9/20). No more excuses!

4 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com July 31, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

All excuses are equal and ANY will do :-) (one of my fav excuse quotes) glad your putting urs away and back to training for a race....

that Crossfit workout hurt my knee just reading it--lol train smart & don't push it too hard just stay consistent !!

Victoria July 31, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

Um, I don't even know what all those things ARE.

Yay for Skyline to the Sea! I'm going to be managing the knee stuff while trying to train as well, so we'll see how all that goes...

Rick Gaston August 1, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

I heard those Kettlebells will make you strong from the inside out, wiry like. I heard they are also tough.
Good luck on the training for Skyline to the Sea.

Ben G August 4, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

Good luck on the 50K. I can't wait to read how it goes. After my marathon in December I want to ease into some ultra events like that.
Come by my blog sometime if you can: www.bensrunningblog.blogspot.com

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP