Thursday, January 22, 2009

What is this Stuff?

Something weird is happening around here in California - it's raining! We've had some really strange weather over the past few weeks - really cold (again, using the California factor) and then really warm - 70 degrees this past weekend! The one thing that has been missing, and needed the most, is rain. Well yesterday and today it finally showed up. Thank God. Without a bunch of rain in the winter and a nice snow-pack in the Sierra Mountains, we end up having a serious shortage of water during the dry summer months. In case you didn't know, most of California is really a desert without the water. Getting dumped on by the rain is nice to see - let's try and avoid a drought this year - we have enough issues as it is.

Begin the random thoughts...

  • Last Saturday (1/17), I was out in Pacifica to volunteer at the PCTR Pacifica Trail Run (9k, 21k, 30k, & 50k distances). Unbelievable weather out in Pacifica (right next to the ocean). It was my first time that I've actually see the trails that are run on and they are amazing. Had a really good time volunteering and cheering on some friends - Christy, Victoria and JoLynn. They all did the 21k and seemed to be having a great time - well, maybe not Christy. Turns out she caught a branch or something and ended up taking a nasty spill. As of today, her arm is in a sling, she has a slightly blackened eye and some other various soreness. MRI is scheduled for today or tomorrow I believe.

Christy, JoLynn and Victoria after the 21k on Saturday - Christy looks better than she feels here.

  • Trying to figure out my next (or first) race is for the year. GB sent me a message saying she was doing the 35k at Woodside (Feb 7) and asked if I was going to run it. My plan was to either do Woodside or Sequoia (Feb 28). By the 7th, I'll be ready for the 35k but probably not the full 50k. I would love to do both dates but a certain thing called reality prevents me from doing that. I'm working on getting the boss to try out the 10k on the 7th at Woodside so I can go and run the longer distance with no questions asked (and no guilt) "Love you honey!"
  • Heading out in a few minutes to have a fun little 8-10 mile run in the rain. Should be fun unless I'm freezing at the end - next post will be describing the pneumonia process.
  • On a Mr. Mom note, child #2 has almost mastered going #2. The wife and I are almost ready to declare that our second boy is officially potty-trained. Yes, it's sad that he's growing fast, but wow, have you seen the price of diapers? I still have to wipe his butt so it's not like he's leaving the house or anything like that.
  • Ending with a clip my friend sent me. Ladies have their walk-in closets, but what about the guys?


Have a great rest of the week everyone. Keep the faith and get those runs in...

4 comments:

Marcy January 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

You are SO LUCKY on the PT thing. Mine youngest is almost 3 and she's still peeing here, peeing there, peeing everywhere. I don't get it. I thought the 2nd one was supposed to be easier?! At the rate we're going she'll be 15 and wearing Depends to school :P

209Mike January 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Just to remind us that he still has some work to do, he left half a bomb in his pants right before his bath at night.

Jo Lynn January 23, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

I like that pic of the three of us ladies. ;) Thanks for volunteering Mike. It was nice seeing you being a slave to us this time. LOL I no like this rain. :( That video was funny.

Victoria January 25, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

Video was great. Glad to hear your son is making ...progress... on the PT front.

See you at Woodside!

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP