Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So Far, So Good

Monday was the start of the official training for Miwok. Sure enough, it happened to coincide with a new change in the weather once again - cold. Didn't stop me from what I had planned - 1 hour run in the morning and 1.5 hours in the evening. Total distance was approx 16 miles (7 in the morning and 9 in the evening). At this point, I'm worrying more about time on my feet than distance covered. Yesterday was an off-day for running so I hit the pool for a little workout. Today, I'll be going out for little LT (lactate threshold) run. These always make me nervous because my injuries tend to pop up when I'm pushing the pace. I'll be spending some extra time stretching following these workouts from now on. By the way, I'm basically following the training program that was in the Trail Runner race issue this past month. It's similar to what I wanted to do but it's based on time rather than distance.

I officially signed up for the PCTR Woodside 35k on Feb 7th. My first race of the year! I'm not sure if race is the right word here, but I'm really excited to be hitting the trails and Woodside has been on my list of places to run. I was looking over the entries for the races and noticed that Beverly Anderson-Abbs was running the 50k. She is a stud and I can't wait to see her run. Joining me on the 35k is Miss Flirty 'n Dirty herself. I'm looking forward to running with her since the last time we were in the same race at Skyline to the Sea, she ended up breaking a couple bones in her foot (Knock on wood).

Goals for the race? Stay injury free. That's the big one. Finish of course. Also, I'm looking to stay ahead of the 50k runners for as long as possible. They will be heading out 45 minutes ahead of the 35k runners and we'll all be coming back on the same route after they tack on an extra 15k. I'd like to see if I can make it to the turnaround point before they start coming back. Should be interesting.

Enjoy the day and week everyone. Good health to all...

4 comments:

Marcy January 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Look at you being all stalkerish ;-) LOL JK! YAY for the first race of the year!

209Mike January 28, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

That's funny - I almost put that exact sentence in there about feeling like a stalker. "Hide your women and horses!"

Jo Lynn January 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Why do women fall and hurt themselves when you are around??

Victoria January 29, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

For the record, Mike was way ahead of me when I fell, so I'm not sure I'm putting my foot disaster on his presence...

I agree-- I'm really trying to stay injury free right now. Congrats on pulling off the double workouts-- I'm trying to get those in, but that thing called work, combined with the other thing called life is making that difficult.

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP